Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Cafe Baklava

I had lunch at Cafe Baklava today. I sat outside, i ndirect sunlight, so my date was concerned abuot my mood. "No, this is my sun face."

A guy walked by. It sounded like he was on the floor of the stock market, but he was obviously a transient that hadn't been in a real conversation for a few months, at least. I turned my attention back to my lunch companion, and something forced my head to return to the guy. I hadn't given him a second thought until that moment.

He was crossing Castro without watching what he was doing. Still engaged with his imaginary boiler room, a Prius screeched to a halt not 3 inches from his right knee. The guy then backed up, and waved the car on as if he were taunting a bull with his red cape.

It was a good lunch. And oh yeah, i ate gelato afterwards.

3.5 out of 5 for food (the Falafel were excellent - but go to Gyro House across the street if that's what you have a hankering for.

5 out of 5 for entertainment. And it's a different show every day.

No comments: